How do I obtain copies of criminal reports?
As a general rule, reports and records are maintained by the department that generates them. Official copies of criminal reports are maintained at the Law Enforcement Center or Police Department records sections, so your first request should be directed to your local law enforcement center. The records section may have to refer you to us if data privacy issues exist, and in that case we will do our best to help you.

For more information, please contact the Attorney's Office at Faribault phone 507-332-6103, Northfield phone 507-645-9576, or Lonsdale phone 507-744-5185.

Show All Answers

1. Can I report a crime to the County Attorney's Office?
2. How do I obtain copies of criminal reports?
3. How does a judge decide a sentence?
4. What happens at trial?
5. What happens next in a criminal case?