Applications for passports (DS-11) are now being processed by appointment only. The DS-82 (renewal) form is NOT processed in this office. Processing times are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call 507-332-6114.
DS-82 Renewal application for eligible individuals
Adults with a 10-year passport must renew by mail provided the passport has expired within the last five years, or is soon to expire. Applicants who have been issued a passport age 15 and younger do not qualify to use this form.
- Before arriving, complete -- but DO NOT SIGN -- the passport application in black ink. When printing, make sure that each page is printed on one side only.
- A certified birth certificate is required (can be obtained from the Recorder’s Office for a $26 fee for those born in Minnesota), or a U.S. Naturalization certificate.
- A passport photo is required. (The Recorder’s Office take photos for a $15 fee).
- A valid photo ID must be presented when applying.
- A check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State is required for each individual application.
- Execution fees can be paid by cash, check, or money order made payable to Rice County Recorder.
- ALL DS-11 applicants must appear in person.
- Citizenship documentation will be mailed in with your passport application and will be returned once the passport is processed and mailed.
Passport book vs. card
- Passport books can be used for international travel by air, sea or land.
- Passport cards allow entry into the U.S. at land border crossings and sea ports (Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda). It can NOT be used for international air travel.
- For more information, including forms and fee schedule, you can go to the official passport website: travel.state.gov
Never destroy or mutilate a U.S. passport, It is proof of United States citizenship.