517.05 Credentials Of Minister

Ministers of any religious denomination, before they are authorized to solemnize a civil marriage, shall file a copy of their credentials of license or ordination or if their religious denomination does not issue credentials, authority from the minister's spiritual assembly, with the local registrar of a county in this state, who shall record the same and give a certificate of filing thereof. The place where the credentials are recorded shall be endorsed upon and recorded with each certificate of civil marriage granted by a minister.

To file an ordination document or a license to perform marriages, provide the county Recorder's Office with one of the following:

          1. Ordination document

          2. License to perform marriages

A "Certificate of Filling" with an original signature must also accompany your document submitted for filing.

Minister Ordination Registration fee is $20.

*In order to preform marriages in this state, an ordination document or a license must be filed in any county within the state of Minnesota. Per statute*