• Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center: 1-844-880-1574.
• To report suspected child abuse, contact Rice County Child Protection at [email protected] or 507-332-6090 (fax). To make a verbal report, call 507-332-6115. After hours, call 800-422-1286.
• Rice County Suspected Child Abuse/Neglect Form
• Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Protection information
- Who is eligible for help with medical bills?
People who fit any of these criteria may be able to receive federal assistance with medical bills if they can't pay them. People who: - Are under age 21 - Are over age 65 - Blind - Disabled (mentally or physically) - If you get AFDC you will also get MA - Pregnant - Some parents or caretakers of a child under age 19 - If you get AFDC you will also get MA
For more information you can contact us at 507-332-6115.
- What help is available if our family has an emergency like a house fire?
Emergency Assistance is available for short term help in a crisis for people that have children in the home under the age of 21. If your family is already receiving General Assistance, in an emergency, Emergency General Assistance funds may be available also. Contact Rice County Social Services at 507-332-6115.
- How do I report welfare fraud?
To report welfare fraud call 1-800-627-9977 or 507-332-6115 and ask to speak to a fraud investigator.
- Where do I go to find out how to set up child support for my child?
Start by contacting the child support unit of Rice County Social Services at 507-332-6115. Information is also available at
- How do I report child maltreatment (abuse or neglect)?
Dial 911 if a child is in serious and immediate danger. If the child is not in immediate danger, call 507-332-6115, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and tell the receptionist that you need to make a child protection report.
Call 1-800-422-1286 evenings, weekends and holidays and state that you need to make a child protection report.
- How do I report maltreatment of a vulnerable adult?
Dial 911 if a vulnerable adult is in serious and immediate danger. If the adult is not in immediate danger, call the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center at 844-880-1574.