Social Services

Department overview

Social Services provides community-supported social services and financial assistance for eligible people to promote their dignity and independence.

Important information

988 English and Spanish Opens in new window

• Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center: 1-844-880-1574.

Guardian Services' after-hours line (4:30 p.m.-8 a.m. the following business day): 507-384-6499.

• To report suspected child abuse, email Rice County Child Protection at [email protected] or fax 507-332-6090. To make a verbal report, call 507-332-6115. After hours, call 800-422-1286.
  •  Rice County Suspected Child Abuse/Neglect Form
  •  Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Protection information

• For more on financial assistance programs including health care, food assistance, MFIP, cash and childcare:(507-332-5995 or email [email protected].

• For information about programs including licensing, developmental disabilities, child and adult protection, mental health and long-term care assessments (MnChoices), call 507-332-6115 or email [email protected].

• Providers should email billing statements to [email protected].

Comment through Thursday, Oct. 12, 2023, on Rice County's draft Administration of the Child Care Assistance Program, 2024-25 County and Tribal Child Care Fund Plan.
Counties and tribes must submit a biennial Child Care Fund Plan to the Department of Human Services commissioner. Child Care Assistance Program rules and laws allow counties and tribes to establish some local policies and procedures. These local policies and procedures, when included in this plan and approved by the commissioner, are considered county/tribal policy and are used to support agency decisions during appeals. DHS will review and approve county and tribal Child Care Fund Plans. Counties and tribes will receive approval letters for their Child Care Fund Plans from the commissioner of DHS. The plan period begins on Jan. 1, 2024.

To comment, email Financial Assistance Supervisor Jerry Paschke at [email protected]. Please include "CCAP comment" in the subject line. Comments may also be dropped off or sent via USPS to Paschke c/o Rice County Social Services, Rice County Government Services Building, 320 Third St. NW, Faribault MN 55021.

View All