Women, Infants & Children (WIC)

Apply for WIChild at the grocery store Opens in new windowC online

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) helps protect the health of pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, as well as infants and children under age five. Staff work with participants on nutrition and feeding practices, support breastfeeding, refer to health and community resources and provide a benefit card to buy healthy foods.

Rice County WIC operates in Faribault and Northfield (see the schedule here) as well as by phone at 507-332-5906. Not sure if you qualify? Call us and we can help determine if you are eligible or you can check here.

Participants in these programs are automatically income eligible:Wic

  • Medical Assistance
  • Medical Assistance - TEFRA
  • SNAP (food stamps)
  • MN Family Investment Program (MFIP)
  • Fuel Assistance
  • Reduced or free school lunch
  • Head Start
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

If the family is eligible under the MA guidelines but not yet enrolled, they may be determined presumptively eligible.

Find more information about WIC on the Minnesota Department of Health website and in the video below.

Downloading the WIC app? Watch this step-by-step video or call our office at 507-332-5906 for help.

We support breastfeeding families. Learn more at Rice County Area Breastfeeding Information & Support.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave. SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

Fax: 202-690-7442; or

Email: [email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Declaración de no discriminación del USDA (Spanish)

How to file a federal civil rights complaint
For participants who feel they have been discriminated against, please complete the form in the following link. If you need help, your local agency or state WIC staff can assist you.