To construct and maintain a system of highways and bridges, facilitating the safe and efficient movement of people and goods throughout the county.
2023 road construction
projects & maps
Projects for the 2023 season:
- CSAH-9 - Culvert Replacement and Rehabilitation (Project 09-50)
- CSAH-4 - Reconstruction through the city of Lonsdale (Project 04-08)
Project Update - June 26, 2023
- County Road 52 & 59 - Mill, Reclamation, Bituminous Surfacing, Milled Rumble Strips & Pavement Marking. (Projects 52-01 & 59-02)
- I-35, Hwy 19, CSAH-46, & County Road 59 - Potential Construction of six-legged roundabout (Project 070-027 I35-TH 19-CSAH 46-CR 59 roundabout)
- Continued construction of new roads for access to the Rice County Public Safety Center currently under construction. (Project 07-01)
Maintenance projects for the 2023 season:
- Aggregate Surfacing of County Road segments: 271, 29, 54, 73, 82, and 88
- Pavement Markings of County Roads 1, 16, 19, 20, 4, 43, 48, 74, 78, 8 and 96.
Map of Rice County Highway Dept. 2023 Maintenance & Construction Plan: https://arcg.is/1i80mT0
Rice County only solicits by public notice for transportation project bids on the Rice County webpage and eAdvert website. Find more information about Rice County project advertisements and bidding here.
Now available online
Mail a paper copy of the completed permit application and applicable fee to
Rice County Highway Department
610 20th St.
Faribault MN 55021
Note: An electronic copy (pdf) of the completed permit application can be sent to [email protected]. Applicable fees should be mailed to the address above.
Transportation Improvement Plan
2025 Transportation Plan
- How does my group Adopt a Highway?
Please visit our
- Where do I find road related permit applications?
You can find PDF versions of permit applications on the Highway Department web page under the
- How do I find out about State road construction and road closures?
To view the current State road construction and road closures, please use the following visit the
- Who should I report a sign down to?
Contact the Highway Department at 507-332-6110. For hours of operation, refer to the Highway Directory.