Conciliation Court

Conciliation Court, also known as "Small Claims Court", was created to allow citizens to bring legal claims to the court without expensive costs or complicated legal procedures. Conciliation Court can accept claims for filing that are at, or below, the limit set by law. Currently the limit is $7500.

You cannot file a claim in Conciliation Court involving the title to real estate.

You may represent yourself or you may hire an attorney.

If you file a claim in Conciliation Court, you must do so in the county where the defendant resides.

For additional guidance you can contact the Court Administration.