- Your Government
- Environmental Services
- Environmental Health
The Environmental Health division administers the Rice County Sewage and Wastewater Treatment ordinance, which involves reviewing individual and community wastewater treatment system designs, issuing permits for those systems and inspecting the installation of the systems to ensure code requirements are met.
Environmental Health staff are providing on-site inspection services for septic system installations and soil verifications as outlined in the On-Site Wastewater Inspections during COVID-19 Outbreak document.
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Grant programs
- Public Health nuisance complaints
- Solid waste issues, air quality issues
- Water quality issues
NOTE: Samples must be received within 28 hours of collection or they will be rejected.
For more information, visit the Water Testing page.
Anyone with questions regarding water testing, how to receive a kit and/or how to return a test kit, should email the Southeastern Minnesota Water Analysis Laboratory or call 507-328-7495.
Questions or concerns relating to Environmental Health, should be directed to Marilee DeGroot, 507-332-6170 or [email protected].
Financial assistance - septic system information
MPCA licensed professionals
- Holding Tank Pumping and Disposal contract
- MPCA Septic Compliance inspection form
- MPCA Tank Integrity form
- Rice County (optional) Pumping Certificate form
- Septic Permit Application
- Septic setbacks form
- Septic Variance Packet
- Sewage and Wastewater Treatment ordinance
- Soil Verification form
- Service Provider Report - Maintenance Monitoring
- Septic System Abandonment Reporting form
- MPCA Sewage Tank Maintenance Form